Eating a healthy, balanced diet is a vital part of leading an active life. But, even the most health-conscious of us need a boost from time to time.
That’s why we’re reimagining our vitamin department at Walmart to provide more options for well-balanced nutrition and the prevention of chronic disease. We’re expanding beyond multivitamins and traditional supplements like calcium and vitamin C to include many more of the vitamins, minerals, herbs and powders our customers are looking for as they work to become the best versions of themselves. We’re offering a broad assortment of trusted national brands as well as innovative new items from our own Spring Valley.
Here are five updates you won’t want to miss:
- Something’s Fishy … And That’s a Good Thing! Do you eat 8 or more ounces of oily fish every week? If you answered no, you’re like most Americans who aren’t getting the recommended amount of omega-3 fats in their diet. We’re introducing three new Spring Valley supplements that offer physician-recommended quantities in 500mg, 1000mg and 2000mg. Our new formulation and labeling will make it easy to find the right one for your health needs.
- Garden of Life. For the first time, customers can find Garden of Life products at Walmart stores and on Walmart.com. The brand’s clean-ingredient Vitamin Code formulas draw from 22 raw fruits and vegetables without the use of binders, artificial flavors, colors or sugars.
- Keep It Clean! We’re also upping the ante on clean and organics. Today, we offer 26 organic Spring Valley vitamins and 52 non-GMO (not genetically modified) items.
- Natural Selection. Herbal and botanical natural plant products have been used throughout human history, and they’re still used today to treat a number of health conditions. We’re adding turmeric, maca root and magnesium powder, as well as choline, Boswellia and even shiitake, reishi and cordyceps mushroom powders. This is in addition to the existing herbs we offer, like beet root powder, cinnamon, garlic and cranberry.
- Choices, Choices. Vitamins in one-bottle-fits-all can be a tough pill to swallow. Now, our customers can choose the vitamin pack that’s right for them – from daily packs to powders to real-fruit gummies to tablets.
This is a healthy dose of change, and we’re just getting started. Our goal is to ensure our customers get the best assortment of high-quality vitamins and supplements – at everyday low prices.