As part of our commitment to purchase an additional $250 billion in U.S. made products over ten years, Walmart is opening our doors and you’re invited. On July 8 in Bentonville, Arkansas, we are hosting the first ever Open Call for U.S. made products.
We invite our current suppliers that want to present new products as well as potential suppliers with U.S. manufactured products. They’ll have a chance to meet with buyers and hear from senior leaders at Walmart and Walmart.com. While our buyers are always looking for new products for our customers, this is the first time that we are putting out an open invitation for products Made in the USA!
Space is limited. In addition to being domestically produced, applicants will be evaluated on the ability of their items to meet Walmart customer needs including:
- Product: design, quality and innovation
- Price: competitive costing and value
- Strategic fit within merchandising strategy
- Ability to execute: production and logistics
Registration is required and is open now through June 6. Once registered, companies will be asked to provide basic product and company information. Based upon that information, companies will be notified by June 17 if an appointment will be scheduled.
- Register to attend the Made in USA Open Call today! http://news.walmart.com/events/made-in-usa-open-call-event